Belay device with cam-assisted blocking and anti-panic handle, particularly suitable for learning and intensive use
For the belayer that wants versatility! With an anti-panic handle that makes it particularly suited for learning, the GRIGRI + is a cam-assisted blocking device for climbing in the gym or outside.
The selector knob allows the user to choose between two belay modes: top rope or lead climbing.
Reinforced for intensive use, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm.
Belay device with cam-assisted blocking, designed for the gym and crag:
- Feeding slack and catching falls are accomplished using standard belay techniques, always keeping a hand on the brake side of the rope
- Cam-assisted blocking for a more comfortable belay: when the climber falls or weights the rope, it tightens, making the cam pivot to pinch and block the rope
- Cam-assisted blocking offers leeway for the brake-side hand position, regardless of the angle between the climber side and brake side of the ropes
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device
Comfortable and convenient when lowering:
- The ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- Progressive control of rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
- 3:1 mechanical advantage of the handled camming mechanism helps control rope feed on small-diameter ropes and requires less effort on the handle for large-diameter ropes
Particularly suitable for learning and intensive use:
- Anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function engages
- The lockable selector knob allows you to choose either top rope or lead belay mode; top rope belay mode makes taking in slack easier and belaying more comfortable
- Compatible with 8.5 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes and optimized for those 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- Stainless steel wear plate provides great durability for intensive use
- Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): Aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate, cam and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UKCA, UIAA