The Trident 2 is a strong, semi-geodesic tent for 2 people that provides great stability for 3-4 season backpacking.
The flysheet-first pitching is ideal for when conditions are wet in order to keep the inner dry.
If you’re looking for a sturdy tent to use in most weather conditions, the Trident 2 is a great option."
- Strong, reliable semi-geodesic design
- Flysheet-first pitching
- Great ventilation is provided from the side vent hoods
- Flysheet door provides for further ventilation when conditions allow
- 5 guyline points for excellent stability
- Quick pitching
- Easy to pack away with an oversized tarp bag and pull cord
- Sleeps: 2
- Packed weight 2.76Kg
- Numer of porches: 1
- Number of doors: 1
- Packed size: 44cm x 19cm
- Season: 3/4 season
- Flysheet: Stormtex P4000 68D Polyester Ripstop PU FR (4000mm)
- Inner: 68D Polyester Ripstop
- Groundsheet and HH: Aqua Stop P5000 68D Polyester PU (5000mm)
- Poles: 8.5mm Superflex Alloy
- Pegs: 12g Alloy V Angle
- Guylines: Yellow Reflective
Bought this tent to replace my helm 1 compact in exchange for a bit of extra space while still keeping things small and light. It's perfect size for a 1 person tent with room for your gear. It arrived earlier than expected. Took it up to the lakes for a 2 day wild camp. First night I was short on pitching space due to the location. The tent slotted right in to a space. Easy enough to pitch. First night was calm and dry. Second evening/night was like a monsoon with thunder and lightning. The tent pitched fast when I needed it to. Inner stayed dry and outer got drenched and not one drop entered the tent. Fair amount of wind added into this mix and the tent didn't skip a beat. Supper happy with it. First time being on top of the fells in lightening and it was a different experience. Somewhat scarry being at the highest point while in your tent.
Fresh air junkies did great as usual. Price and reliability were spot on. What more do you need.